In the last post we have seen how to open current working folder in Finder from terminal. In this guide, we are going to see how to open terminal from current Finder location. The steps to do this are as follows:
- Open System Preferences from the top left apple menu
- Click on Keyboard. Click on Keyboard Shortcuts tab and select services from the left menu as shown in the screenshot below.
- Scroll down and Select the two services that says “New Terminal at Folder” and “New Terminal tab at Folder“. Close all windows.
- Now, right click on any folder ❯ go to services, you would see these two options: “New Terminal at Folder” and “New Terminal Tab at Folder“. If you have terminal already opened and you are working on it then choose the New Terminal tab at folder option as this would open up a new tab in terminal at the current folder location, else choose New Terminal at Folder option which would open up the terminal even if it is closed.
- As you can see that I have opened up the terminal directly from my folder “TheMacBeginner“. The opened terminal is already at my directory location.